Where to buy GRBL MEGA Shield
I recently came across a seller on Tindie that has the MEGA shield for sale.
GRBLDuino Mega Shield V1 is the first user-friendly GRBL v1.1 compatible 6 axis Arduino CNC controller shield.
Available in kit form, which requires soldering of standard through-hole components, or assembled and tested. Shipping is free within the United States.
- Fits Arduino Mega (not included)
- Designed for Pololu DRV8825 stepper motor drivers (not included)
- Works with power supplies up to 45 volts DC
- Screw terminals for all machine control connections
- Dual end stop terminals for each X, Y, and Z axis
- Single end stop terminals for each A, B, and C axis
- High or low activation limit switches/end stops
- Emergency stop, abort, door safety, hold, and resume connections
- Spindle speed (PWM), enable, and direction connections
- Flood and mist coolant connections
- Probe connection
- 6 independent axis capability
- Full micro-stepping control for each axis
- Genuine Nichicon capacitors
To have a complete CNC machine, you also need:
- 1 control computer (to send G code to GRBL)
- 1 Arduino Mega running GRBL v1.1
- 1 stepper motor driver per axis (pin compatible with Pololu DRV8825)
- 1 stepper motor per axis
- 1 stepper motor power supply (max 45v DC)
- 1 spindle, pen, laser, drag knife
- 1 CNC machine structure
Find more details including schematics, parts lists, and tutorials at the blog.
Colors may vary. Arduino not included. Stepper drivers not included.